Search This Blog

Saturday, September 1, 2018

GIRL FRIENDS

While I was growing up, almost all the movies I watched taught me that female friendships are not to be taken seriously. Your girlfriends will smile to your face and steal your Man behind your back. And until that moment of betrayal,you will talk only about men and finding love. The Boyfriend ™ is your ultimate path to peace and fulfillment. And then, I grew up and realised, ooh am I wrong!! All my life, I have been truly blessed to have a constant circle of girls around me to lift me up when I am down. My friends, always ready for a chat session to cheer me up, when I just don't feel upto it. My cousin sisters who give me great advice, whether studies, fashion, marriage or mommy related(and my personal makeup artists for my wedding). My sister-in-laws always ready to lend a ear for my rants, until I have calmed down. And last but not least, my sister who would always be by my side whenever (and I mean, WHENEVER) I needed her. When I had exam blues, when I got engaged, married or first found out I was pregnant, when I was wading through many problems in my life, I have had the constant support of these lovely women in my life. Whatever the problem is, I can be sure that at least one, if not all will be available for helping me out. And I can say confidently say that the feeling is mutual. We've seen each other through our college days,pre-exam stress bawls, awkward pennukaanals, pre-marriage jitters, pregnancy tests, post-partum blues,sleepless mommy nights. My husband is always astonished about how much we know about even the tiniest accomplishments and problems in each other's lives.(To be honest, he is a bit afraid of just how much my friends know about him😀) So to any teenage girls, who are reading this; I want to say this: All what you see in movies, is pure trash. Never EVER let go of your galpals, if you know what is good for you. And to the men reading this: DONOT underestimate friendship between women. Again, what you see in movies is pure trash.

No comments:

Post a Comment